The NORDICPEDMED is a joint development project within Nordic countries; Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden. The first part completed already in 2015, but it was finalized during the 2016 to have the network governance. The development of a joint Nordic Investigators Registry will be finalized during the years 2017-2018. The ultimate aim of NordicPedMed is to develop a Nordic network of investigators, centres and national networks with recognized expertise in performing clinical studies on children and increase cooperation both on a Nordic and European level. NordicPedMed received funding from the Nordic Council of Ministers and NordForsk, through a 3-year NordicTrial Alliance (NTA) project.
The network’s objectives are to help meet the therapeutic needs of children by facilitating development, increasing knowledge and communicating information on appropriate use of new medicines, medicines currently available, and other therapies for the pediatric population. Currently, NordicPedMed have strong European level connection via FinPedMed and NorPedMed memberships to the European research network, Enpr-EMA ( European Network of Paediatric Research at the European Medicines Agency).
3rd Nordic Conference on Pediatric Medicines 8-9 October 2019 – Helsinki, Finland
• EU Paediatric Regulation - after 12 years. What has been achieved and what can we do to strengthen the system and optimize outcomes for children?
• Rational age classification for inclusion of developmental subgroups in paediatric studies?
• Update on the European Paediatric Research Infrastructure Initiatives
• Young persons as a new stakeholder’s group for paediatric medicines development
• Opportunities for the paediatric clinical research in Nordic Countries
SERVICES IN PAEDIATRIC CLINICAL TRIALS
Service Request to cover whole NorPedMed region is under development (years 2017-2018).